Thursday, October 13, 2016

My Two Cents

I saw something on Facebook the other day that struck me as absurd.  It was a comment about how Donald Trump refused to drop out of the race, and asked how Republicans now felt about carrying something to term.  With a pro-life platform, I bet there are plenty of Republicans that know exactly how it feels to carry something to term, no matter how difficult, uncomfortable, or personally embarrassing.

I used to find it entertaining when someone told me they voted for a "person," and not a "party."  This election, since quite a few don't like either person, they have to--or should--take a look at party platforms, and hope that the rest of the Democrats or Republicans can keep Clinton or Trump in line with the party principles.  That's my only hope right now.  Or impeachment.

I read an article on how Catholics should vote.  My thoughts can be summed up with these words:  "The right to life is the most important and fundamental right, since life is necessary for any of the other rights to matter. There are some issues that can legitimately be debated by Christians, such as which policies are the most effective in caring for the poor, but the direct killing of innocent human life must be opposed at all times by every follower of Jesus Christ...The health of our nation depends on a deep respect for human life from the moment of conception until natural death, and the future of our society depends on how we protect that right."

One last thing while I'm here.  Once you put on a uniform of any kind, you become a representative of an organization and are bound to the rules of that organization.  Military personnel are required to salute in certain situations while in uniform.  City employees may not campaign or wear political slogans while in uniform.  Etcetera.  My point is, your freedom of speech may be curtailed while you are in uniform.  In that case, I believe NFL owners are within their rights to demand players stand and be respectful during the national anthem.


Flo

No comments: