Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Dear Mayor

I am sure you’re aware our town is notorious because of its police. People that drive through aren’t sure if we need money so badly that the police have been instructed to write tickets for any and every infraction, or if the officers just don’t have anything better to do.

One of my neighbors was telling me her son has some property that was annexed into the city. Somebody called the cops on him because they heard shots fired, and police from the adjacent town and the county came barreling down to his house, but nobody from our city. Seeing as how police protection was the only benefit offered in return for annexation, I’m not sure they’re getting their tax's worth.

However, that isn’t my beef.

And really, if they want to set up a speed trap, that’s fine by me, too. Another neighbor was telling me about some young whippersnapper stopped recently for ridiculously exceeding the speed limit. Hooligans like that need to have the fear of God put into them.

What I do have a problem with is that the officers are using my residence as a sneaky lookout point.

We’ve got a quiet neighborhood here at Memorial Gardens, and the squealing tires, lights, and sirens when the police take out after an offender is not conducive to my eternal rest.

I hope you can do something about this.

Sincerely,
Restin Peese

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go to sleep......
Go to sleep......
Go to sleep little Miss Sunshine
Close your eye's and go to sleep
Go to sleep....
Go to friggen sleep now!
Go to sleep.
Go to sleep.

HollyB said...

LMAO, Flo and Lainy

Lovi said...

omg - omg!!!! I have the PERFECT solution - I'll have to call and tell you - cuz I can't put it in print....legalities ya know....

phlegmfatale said...

Maybe you could stand on the street with a sandwich board and announce the speed trap to the hapless thru-passers. Good luck with this one! I hope lovi has a sack of magic beans or sumpin'.