Thursday, September 06, 2007

Stadol vs. Versed

This morning, Holly and I were discussing the benefits of Versed. I think she’s even written a blog about it, IIRC. Yesterday, I had, I think, my first experience with it.

See, I went to see the breast surgeon Tuesday. She’s pretty confident it’s nothing to be concerned about, but we decided to take the lump out for peace of mind. KSA and I are going out of town next week, and the only time the surgeon had open before then was Wednesday.

So off I go for outpatient surgery yesterday. They gave me what I think they called “anesthesia with sedation,” and one of the drugs they used was Versed. It was good, I was nicely sedated. They said I’d go to sleep nice and wake up nice. I don’t know how nice I was, but I did wake up easily, surprised it was all over. And I was tired the rest of the day, but not groggy.

So yes, I have to say that the Versed did relax me. However, Stadol made me feel Oh So Good.

I had Stadol when I was in labor with both of the kids. I didn’t have a whole lot of time to experience its effects with MFS, but I was laying on my back, looking up at KSA, and his eyes were suddenly SO blue. They were about the purtiest blue eyes I ever did see!

Well, it was a whole different story with MFD. (Of course, what else would you expect?) I’m sitting up in bed, they’re pushing the Stadol as I’m having a contraction. I’m starting to feel really good, floating along, and suddenly, I’m feeling so good I’m laughing. Practically hysterically. I couldn’t stop.

In the mean time, MFS is sitting on my mom’s lap, looking at me, and says, “Not funny, Mommy. NOT funny, Mommy!”

KSA’s eyes didn’t turn as blue that time, though. Then again, the back of her head was pressing on my back, so instead of looking at his eyes, I was yelling at him to “get her out of there!”

I still do think I prefer my Stadol.

Flo

5 comments:

HollyB said...

Well, I've never had Stadol. I still say, if I ever become a junkie I want Morphine, with a Versed Chaser!
Might as well go 1st class.

HollyB said...

And children will always try to ruin your high, won't they? Ungrateful little brats. Let's not let them come around when we're shootin' up, OK?

Anonymous said...

I had nothing with the two boys. But with my daughter I did ask for drugs and was given something very good,I'm just am not sure what is was.Could be what you had and yes it was heavenly.

I'm glad the hospital was soooo nice and gave you both drugs. A cocktail is just what you needed.

Feel better. I will be checking in this weekend.

*Hugs & Love *

Kate said...

I'm glad to see you're back. And, I'm glad to see that everything seems to be going as hoped!

phlegmfatale said...

holy shit!