Sunday, October 29, 2006

Daylight Savings Time

I don’t know about you, but that extra hour of sleep last night didn’t do me a whole lot of good. I think we should either totally get rid of DST or permanently stay on it.

I thought maybe all the switching would be ok if I was still a kid and my body clock didn’t care what time it was. Then I remembered having to go to bed as a kid when it was still light outside. That was just wrong. But parents only care about their body clock and you have to listen to it, whether you want to or not. Of course, I always thought that was wrong, too, until I had kids of my own. Now I know it’s just payback for all their sleepless nights. Yeah, tell me parents don’t hold the record for longest grudge.

Then I thought maybe the time changes wouldn’t be so bad if it was still just me, myself, and I that was responsible only for me, myself, and I. Nope, because then I remembered the twelve-hour shifts I used to work. It didn’t make any difference that it was only an eleven-hour shift in the fall. In the spring, it was a thirteen-hour shift, and that cancelled out every eleven-hour shift and then some. Especially if the thirteen-hour shift was in the Emergency Department on a Friday night with a full moon. I don’t know where the people that wrote up the statistics got their information showing all that full moon talk was an old wife’s tale. Ask any employee that works the night shift in a hospital, for an ambulance service, fire or police department, and they’ll tell you a full moon on a Friday night means a nightmare of a shift and I hope you aren’t needing a smoke break or else heaven help your prisoner. I mean patient.

BTW, speaking of paying jobs, I haven’t received a paycheck from Google yet. Y’all are still clicking an ad every time you visit, right? I guess I should have mentioned that direct cash donations are also accepted. Just make your checks out to “Flo’s Financial Fantasy.” Surely it would be tax deductible, wouldn’t you think?


Flo

2 comments:

HollyB said...

I thought I was coming down with the flu all day today, I felt so tired and achy. THEN I remembered it was CDT to CST switch day. I hate two days a year, the two days wwe change times. It throws my biorhythms all out of whack and takes me about a week to recover.

Thanks for a blog that says what I've been thinking for years. And I've been clicking on the ads everytime I come to your page and see the same old thing posted, even tho I'm disappointed, wishing I had something new to read from the fertile fields of your minds, I STILL click on the same old ads.
I am SUCH a good friend!

Anonymous said...

I propose a new title for Hollyb: "Goddess of the Adclick". Still clicking away but I think you have to actually look at the sight before they'll count for $'s. So, I've checked out all manner of critter stuff - from flea and tick to way spendy, more than I pay for mine own shampoo. What a marvelous racket they have going there LOL!

With the time change all I felt was tired. Body was telling me to go to bed at 7 which was really 8 or was it 9 and only 6...sheesh...you get my point. "I DON'T NEED ANY ADDITIONAL HELP BEING CONFUSED," Cait screamed in frustration and protest....arrrrgh.