Monday, October 23, 2006

Help Support the Fine Arts

…by clicking on a Google ad at the top of the page.

Ok, so if there’s truly any money in this, it really goes into my bank account to be used for a trip to New York. However, the purpose of the trip is for my daughter and me to sing Schubert’s Mass in G at Carnegie Hall as part of a choir. That’s supporting the fine arts, right?

When we get to New York, we’ll be meeting up with choirs from all over the United States. In the meantime, I am having a wonderful time (although the alto section is a little rowdy) with our local choir, made up of members from various churches in the area. We are fortunate to have two outstanding directors. They’re both passionate about their work, wonderful teachers, and also quite entertaining.

One is also a member of the Kansas City Chorale. Look, another way you can support the arts! They have a new CD that should be available in the U. S. in November, called “Eternal Rest.” Click here for a sample clip. If you or family or friends enjoy choir music, I hear the CD makes a great gift.

Flo

2 comments:

HollyB said...

Oh,Oh,Oh, I am most definitely your MOST favored Sistah!. Not only have I posted FIRST, again, but I clicked on BOTH ads. RazzMaTaAz and Cait and Lovi are Wankers.

And of course the altos are rowdy, it's b/c they are in those "lower" registers, yuck,yuck.

BTW, tell the BGiT I'm gonna burn a CD for her soon w/some cool music. Some for my Memorial service, and some just for her to listen to stuff she probably wouldn't otherwise listen to.

Love and Hugs

Anonymous said...

Yeh, the "other sister" may have gotten here first but that's only cuz she doesn't have a j-o-b and can come here any old time and post...unlike her other two sista's who do a d@mn fine imitation of pack mules. Harumph.

Floozie, consider yo'self clicked. and :-p to hollyb.