Monday, October 30, 2006

Lady and the Tramp?

In one of her comments, Holly referred to me first as a lady, and then a few sentences later called me Floozie, so that’s what brought to mind that particular Disney movie. Or I suppose I could say the Lady and the Lamp because many years ago, the first time I met her, in fact, Holly also introduced me to the music of Allen Damron, who had a song about Florence Nightingale and her lamp.

Anyway, I guess it’s time to explain about my different “personalities,” since Holly has once again referred to me in the plural (from the DST comments: “…wishing I had something new to read from the fertile fields of your minds…”).

She’s going to think this post is all about her, because she is also the one that first called me St. Flo, the MPD Saint. The saint reference came about because when she, Cait, Azrael, and I used to get together for Internet “chats,” I rarely cussed. So the Catholic Little Miss Goody Two Shoes became the saint.

The MPD (multiple personality disorder) came from all the nicknames I had already accumulated, depending on what mood I was in (hence, “Our Lady of Perpetual Mood Swings”).

A friend of ours was having some health issues and was not doing what the doctor ordered, so I wrote and told her I was going to send Nurse Ratchet her way. I think I really scared her, because she wrote back and she’s the one that dubbed me Floozie. Thanks, Gypsy.

I tend to have memory problems, therefore Dorie (from “Finding Nemo”), Our Lady of Perpetual Memory Loss, Sergeant “I Know NOTHING” Schultz, and Anyone Else I Have Forgotten.

I am Chieftainess of the Clan MacMurphy on days when everything that can go wrong, does.

And then there’s the name I share with Cait. I live quite a ways from Cait, who at the time lived relatively close to Holly. Cait made plans for one of Holly’s birthdays and during chat we would talk about the different activities and how much fun the day would be. We just neglected to tell Holly during these conversations that I was driving down to join in the celebration, too. So when Holly arrived at Cait’s house and I was the one that opened the door, she called us Lyin’ Bitches. Can you believe that? I was appalled. I did NOT lie—my mama said you’d go to hell for lyin’, and we surely don’t want a saint going to hell.

I know there are many more flitting around in the great expanse that is my mind, they just haven’t revealed their names yet. However, if there is Anyone Else I Have Forgotten, just wait, I’m sure my friends will rush in to remind me.

Flo

4 comments:

HollyB said...

Well,since you inspired part of one of my blogs today we can call you Muse, that kinda rhymes with Flooze, but you're NOT a Flooze, you're a Floozie,which is a completely different creature!
And I only call you a Lyin'Bitch b/c I LOVE you. And you neglected to tell them about the OTHER b'day you lied to me, well not exactly lied, but misled me. Nevermind, I'll just write a blog about YOU!

And would you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get rid of that DAMN word verification! If I have a seizure from lookin at those crooked letters, I'm sending YOU the ER bill!

HollyB said...

You and LawDog

Flo said...

Alright already! And good thing you added LawDog, 'cept he's probably got a legitimate need for it. (Doesn't mean you can't send HIM the bill, though!)

HollyB said...

I send you a thousand, million, jillion thank yous and Blessings!