Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Prayers

I had to spend Sunday night at the hospital. It was merely for observation, but I wasn’t pleased. It was my nurse that told us about the shootings at Virginia Tech on Monday. Now my discomfort seems pretty trivial.


Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord; and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace.
Merciful Lord Jesus, grant them everlasting rest.
Amen.


Heavenly Father, bring comfort to the families and friends that have suffered a loss in this tragedy. Give courage and wisdom to the leaders as they take action in response to the devastating loss of life. In your mercy, help us all as we try to make sense of the senseless; show us hope for peace and consolation. Amen.


Flo

4 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

"I had to spend Sunday night at the hospital. It was merely for observation, but I wasn’t pleased."

Is this the Denial Personality talking, Flo?

A night in the hospital for observation means that the Doc felt that there may have been something serious TO observe. You doing okay, dear?

Flo said...

Denial? Me? I mean...US? Of course not, AD.

Well...she might have been there while we were driving to the hospital, but then Ms. I'm Right and You People Just Want to CYA took charge. Because there wasn't anything wrong with me. Us.

I just had some atypical chest discomfort, but you know what it was treated like.

I'll tell you about the ER visit later. Too bad you weren't there. ;-)

Thanks for asking!

Anonymous said...

She's fooling everyone. Her poor little heart is broken because she had to give Ellie back. See what doing the right thing can do to people?

You said a wonderful prayer for all those involved in the shootings at Virginia Tech. God bless each and everyone.

HollyB said...

I agree with Lainy, St.Flo was the one at the keyboard offering up those heartfelt prayers. Your spirituality was shining through, Dear.
Thank you for putting into words what I was feeling.