Monday, April 09, 2007

Whimsical Reflections...

…aka Random Thoughts:

We had a very nice Easter, hope you did, too. We were with Hubby’s mom at her farm. Went to Mass and she had a wonderful meal for us when we got home.

Thanks to Gay Cynic for the computer link, I’ll check it out. I think I’ve welcomed you before, but if not, thanks for the visit and note.

Welcome also to Kimberly, who has left a couple of comments, too. Hope you get settled in soon, ain’t military life grand? I don’t think I could do all the moving around involved with Active Duty; you’re a strong woman.

Lately, I feel like all I’m doing is trying to catch up. Not that I ever will. I surely would like to know how people can read blogs, write a blog, work full-time, travel, and have a life. Maybe I need to have a talk with myselves and tell them they’re going to have to start sharing and multi-tasking. There just isn’t enough of me and the day to go around.

Ambulance Driver made a comment on his blog last week about bloggers and their readers getting to know each other. I may not be a good judge of character when it comes to someone I haven’t met in person, but I do feel like a lot of us are family. And heaven help someone that makes a derogatory comment about that family. Especially an “anonymous” someone. A while back, someone commented at LawDog’s site that “I bet your mother’s proud.” And it wasn’t a compliment. I wasn’t the only one offended and that became quite clear. I have made an occasional comment that I regret, but if someone wants to call me on the carpet, at least they’ll be using my name. One of them, anyway.

By the way, I am also Tickled Pink to still be one of Ambulance Driver’s daily reads after he reorganized things over there. Did you know there used to be a wine called Tickled Pink? Yep, back in my sophisticated days as a flight medic, I used to drink it straight from the bottle. I’d probably upchuck if I ever smelled it again. Is that what we mixed with beer? Or was it Strawberry Hill?

Those pilots were such a bad influence.

Ok, I think I’m done rambling for now.

Flo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed you this year.

Glad you had a nice time and are back.

Ambulance Driver said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ambulance Driver said...

She's baaaaaack!

"By the way, I am also Tickled Pink to still be one of Ambulance Driver’s daily reads after he reorganized things over there. Did you know there used to be a wine called Tickled Pink?"

Know it? KNOW IT??? How else would I have ever gotten laid in my teens and early twenties?

"I surely would like to know how people can read blogs..."

Check.

"write a blog..."

No problem.

"work full-time..."

84 hours every two weeks, at the main gig. Another 48 hours a month teaching.

"travel..."

Frequently.

"and have a life."

No prob - shit. Got me there. Oh well, four out of five ain't bad. ;)

10 April, 2007 00:20

HollyB said...

Shoot,Lady, you read blogs, write a blog have a life and have at least 3 full time jobs that I KNOW of. You just don't get paid MONEY- money for them. Being a Wife, Mother, Chauffeur, Decorater, Co-Contractor, Lay [get your mind out of the gutter, AD] Ministry, Bestest Friend Supporter, and other duties as assigned and volunteered for...Heck, it's no wonder you have all those personalities. You NEED them to handle all your duties.
Oh, and don't forget, bon-bon quality control tester.