Tuesday, December 05, 2006

"Lady" Flo

Hubby was invited to speak to a group of Shriners and their spouses the other evening. As “distinguished” guests, we were seated at the head table. When the table was introduced, we were “Hubby and Lady Flo.” Of course, they used another name, because I didn’t want to correct them, and then confuse them. I confuse myself enough.

Hubby talked to them for a while about some of the things he did and observed while he was overseas during his deployments, and a little description of the overall mission. He was asked a few questions when he finished, and one that I was interested in was from a woman who wanted to know what gave the U.S. the right to force democracy on everyone.

Hubby explained that was just U.S. policy—if not to promote democracy, then at least to contain communism.

It got me to thinking, though. For those of us that proclaim to be Christians, it is our duty to spread our belief of salvation through God’s son, Jesus. Is what the U.S. is doing any different than spreading our belief?

Hubby, ever the diplomat, told me: “It is, and it isn’t.”

Thanks for the clarification, Dear.

Flo

4 comments:

HollyB said...

ROFLMBO, Like YOU needed another appelation.
And what LEFT field did that Bi+ch {and I don't mean that in a nice way} come out of with that question? And how did she wind up married to a SHRINER anyway?
Most Shriners I know are very God loving, patriotic men and married to the same kind of women!
As for your Colonel's answer to you... how do you think he got that bird on his shoulder?

Lovi said...

Loved the answer! I can so see him saying that!

HollyB said...

Would you PUHLEEZE get some new and interesting ads? I'm sick of JC Penney and J Crew! Been clicking on them 2-3/day now for a week!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget, Floozie, that our DB's attended the same advanced class "Ambiguous Comments and Diversionary Remarks." If I remember correctly that was one of their required subjects as newly minted Major's and they've had a lot of practice since then.

I don't believe one can equate Christianity with Democracy in the context of that "womans" question. Christianity is a "spiritual" endeavor while Democracy is "secular." Best example I can conjour is the situation in Turkey - secular government vs. religion based government like the Sauds.

P.S. You and Tab are stinkers for chatting when my pos computer insists google is corrupted. Harumph!