Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Ahhhhhhhh. One party down, two to go. One is at my place, after I’ll have been gone most of the day preparing for and Christmas Eve Mass. This is one of my most favorite Masses, I love it when the church is packed to overflowing.

Anyway, I believe we have achieved at least the illusion of clean. As long as Lovi doesn’t bring her white glove, we should be ok. And if she does, I’ll just bring MY white glove to HER house Monday!

The house is STILL not done (not that I expected it would be), so we’ll be cramming 15 or 20 people into the cramped guest quarters. It will be all right, just a little cozy. A place to be warm and dry, plenty of food, and family gathered ‘round. What could be better?

My thoughts and prayers are with families unable to share Christmas with loved ones, especially the Ross and Van Schoelandt families. Remember our military members off in far lands, and their families back home.

****************************

Joy to the world, the Lord is come.
Let earth receive her King.

Merry Christmas, and may God bless each of you.

Flo

5 comments:

HollyB said...

I love it when I get to be the 1st commentator! And you were up awfully early this AM!
As for the house not bein' done...considerin' what it looked like in June when I was there I'm amazed it's as far along as it is. You're PAINTING?!?!?! that is nothing short of a minor miracle, but then it IS the house of a Saint, so none of us should be surprised.
AS for Ms.Lovi and her white gloves...you just insert those gloves in whichever part of her anatomy seems most appropriate and ship her to ME! Use USPS, they'll toss her over the gate. That way Ben will pick up the pkg, carry her around the yard a couple of times, gnaw on said pkg. and her screams, growls and threats will only make him more playful and determined to play with the pkg. He'll think it's a new chew toy! Then when I eventually notice he's messing w/somethin' in the yard, I'll go out and investigate. I'll bring Lovi inside, let her clean up, and even feed and dress her. You can pick her up when you're here for NYE and take her home!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christas to all, and to all a good night.

Flo said...

Oh dear, Gbro, if you had waited until 10:15 up here, you'd have been standing! One of the ushers told me that people had shown up at 2:00 (for a 4:00 Mass) trying to reserve a whole pew. We had front row seats--but we had to pay for it by singing and playing the guitar. :)

We have three animated cats, but they won't let anybody adopt them!

We had a nice three days of celebration, but it's nice to be able to sit back and (sort of) take a deep breath!

HollyB said...

It's now the 27th of Des and I'm bored to tears by this blog already! If you don't post something new afore you leave town I'm gonna chain you to my desk chair as soon as you walk in and NO forzen 'Rita or frozen Mango Daquiri for you until you write something for my amusement! And I won't be clicking on your dam ads, either!

Anonymous said...

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE - or wrapping paper as the case may be. Sitting here at my j-o-b with Accoustic Alchemy playing quietly when I click on the DAZZLE WRAP ad, like the best and favorite sista that I am, when my auditory organs were assaulted by a screaming harpy touting the benefits of Dazzle Bleeping Wrap. Now that I've peeled myself off the ceiling and am back at my desk, I'm here to tell ya those folks won't get a dime. Good thing Floozie gets more'n a dime from the adz. They shouldn't DO THAT to people *sigh*

Happy New Year, Ya'll!
Cheers,
Cait the Startled