Thursday, December 07, 2006

Play Nice

There are impressionable young minds wandering around out here and I don’t want to be responsible for corrupting them.

You see, once upon a time, I was an impressionable young mind, teacher’s pet, my parent’s favorite, Miss Goody Two-Shoes. Really and truly! I was quiet and shy and studied hard and made excellent grades and trusted everyone and never smoked or drank or cussed.

Then I joined the National Guard and went to Boot Camp. Ok, maybe it took a little bit longer. Hm. It could have been flight school that did it. Oh, no. I bet it was Living Under the Influence of all those twisted Warrant Officers.

I’ll bet that’s when all my personalities started developing. I started out as a Private (E-1), sort of worked my way up to Staff Sergeant, then became an Officer. Being a Noncom at heart (the Backbone of the Army) because both of my parents were (Dad retired as a 1SG and Mom as a MSG), but wanting to be an Aviator, my true calling was to be a Warrant Officer. However, wanting to be a responsible person, I took the route of Officer Candidate School. Which is where I met Hubby, if I haven’t already mentioned it.

See? Lots of reasons to develop a split personality or two.

In any case, if she hasn’t already, My Favorite Son’s Girlfriend may be visiting. That’s the reason you have to be nice. She thinks I’m nuts, but we all adore her, partly because she puts up with MFS. She’s also very bright and an absolute hoot. She and MFS, as honor students, were in almost every class together for four years, but they didn’t start dating until after graduation. I still can’t figure that out.

Anyway, I really like MFSG’s mom and don’t want her to get mad at me. Besides, MFSG promised she’d click on my ads, so I have to keep her happy.

Flo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha...i like all your abbreviations .. and i'm glad you like me :) and we probably will never understand YFS and his reason for delaying our relationship :) and i've been clicking your ads!

Anonymous said...

Hello there Flo's FSG! I can personally vouch that Floozie CAN play nice - not only have I seen her be nice I ALSO HAVE VIDEO...yeah, all caught on camera.

In case all-of-Flo's can't remember, do the words "Chinese Gift Exchange" ring any bells? LOL!

Cheers,
Cait

Flo said...

There now, do you see why we love her?

And of course, there's Cait, showing she doesn't play well with others. That is so unfair, trying to tell stories on me--the Saint. Who are you gonna believe? Everybody know video can be doctored.

Ha!

HollyB said...

Cait, do something Technical? You must have her confused with someone else!!!