Sunday, December 03, 2006

Three Things MeMe

Seems Her Hollyness is getting a tad impatient for me to complete a little survey she “tagged” me with a few days back.

[sigh]

Three things that scare me:
1.
Heights (yes, I KNOW I was a pilot!)
2.
The thought of losing my husband or children
3.
Being yelled at

Three people who make me laugh:
1.
ALL my sisters
2.
My children
3.
The Fruitcake Lady

Three things I love:
1.
God
2.
My family/friends
3.
My animals

Three things I hate:
1.
Liars
2.
Liver and onions
3.
Poor winners

Three things I don’t understand:
1.
Horticulture
2.
Financial planning
3.
Terrorists

Three things on my desk:
1.
“You’re an angel” stuffed bear
2.
Metal crucifix that used to sit on the dash of my parent’s car
3.
A hummingbird desktop wind chime

Three things I’m doing right now:
1.
Cursing Hollyb
2.
Listening to Christmas music
3.
Making chili

Three things I want to do before I die:
1.
Go to Rome
2.
Go on a real vacation with the family
3.
Get out of debt

Three things I can do:
1.
Install a light fixture without electrocuting myself
2.
Fly a helicopter
3.
Start an IV

Three things I can’t do:
1.
Turn anything into gold
2.
Turn back the clock
3.
Communicate with the dead

Three things you should listen to:
1.
Your mother
2.
Your conscience
3.
The sounds of silence

Three things you should never listen to:
1.
Politicians
2.
Bad advice
3.
Loud noise without ear protection

Three things I’d like to learn:
1.
To crochet better
2.
To dance
3.
To pick the winning Powerball numbers

Three favorite foods:
1.
Crème brulee
2.
Crab legs
3.
Grandma’s homemade bread

Three beverages I drink regularly:
1.
Coffee
2.
A&W Root Beer
3.
Margaritas

Three TV shows/books I watched/read as a kid:
1.
Johnny Quest
2.
The FBI
3.
The Cherry Ames series

Three Blogger friends I’m going to tag:
1.
Lovi
2.
Cait
3.
Rabbit

Flo

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, sneak up on me when I'm not expecting it...

♦ Three things that scare me:
Really, nothing. I learned to let go of fear a long time ago. How about 3 things I'm uncomfortable with?
1). rock/wall climbing- don't do it anymore after a guy near me bounced.
2). large groups of people gathered in a room I have to be in.
3). Swimming in open water offshore at night.

♦ Three people who make me laugh:
1). 'Mr. Goofy',the nickname of a childhood friend from back home.
2). Mingo, who runs a local gunshop and Adult Daycare I hang out at sometimes.
3). My brother, who comes up with the damnedest stories, some of which may have a modicum of reality in them.

♦ Three things I love:
1). She Who Must Be Obeyed.
2). dogs, cats, mammalian animals in general.
3). Time spent alone.

♦ Three things I hate:
1). low performance drivers.
2). folks who feel a need to intrude into my affairs.
3). $500 cars with $3000 stereos demonstrating textbook cases of audio distortion within a quarter mile of me.

♦ Three things I don’t understand:
1). why my bank cedits my deposit last on the same day I have checks come through.
2). Spacing regulations and allowables for oil production in the east Texas oil field.
3). how folks can blame global warming on human interventions when the sun has increased the photonic output over the last 100 years.

♦ Three things on my desk:
1). notepads with my phone logs, notes, assorted scribbles and code.
2). various data CD's
3). SIG P229/357sig

♦ Three things I’m doing right now:
1). enjoying a fresh bit of Red Man.
2). Reading the international news feeds.
3).attempting to keep a cat from closing windows and deleting everything.

♦ Three things I want to do before I die:
1). get really old- like Methuselah old.
2). Buy a farm and manage a deer herd.
3). Build a house that will last generations for the use and enjoyment of my heirs.

♦ Three things I can do:
1). Design, assemble, configure and run an IBM server network.
2). Mechanical assembly- from simple devices to complex engines.
3). Dissect a brain stem glioma from the medulla.

♦ Three things I can’t do:
1). levitate in public.
2). watch eye surgery.
3). avoid taking in stray animals.

♦ Three things you should listen to:
1). that little voice that tells you if things are right or not.
2). one's mother
3). Berlioz' [i]Symphony Fantastique[/i]

♦ Three things you should never listen to:
1). Database administrators who want root access 'to fix some things'.
2). any televangelist. Ever.
3). cats mating.

♦ Three things I’d like to learn:
1). How to fly light aircraft.
2). How to regererate tissue.
3). How to win a ground war in southeast Asia with a hostile Congress on my back.

♦ Three favorite foods:
1). My paternal grandmother's cornbread dressing.
2). Shrimp
3). real Texas home cooking.

♦ Three beverages I drink regularly:
1). Coffee. More. Now.
2). water, usually with no ice.
3). An occasional Shiner. Maybe a Newcastle.

♦ Three TV shows/books I watched/read as a kid:
1). The Tonight Show w/ Johnny Carson.
2). The 20th Century- Cronkite.
3). Used to read the "Great Books of the Western World" from Encyc.Brittanica Press (I was bored a lot as a kid).

♦ Three books I am /have read recently:
1). "No Country for Old Men" - Cormac McCarthy
2). "A War Like No Other"- Victor Davis Hanson
3). "Mayflower"- Nathaniel Philbreck

HollyB said...

I like the new ad for Overstock.com!!!

Rabbit, great answers.

Lovi said...

Man, it's WAY to early for me to be thinkin'. I'll get back to ya - and at ya :)

Flo said...

Arrrrrrrrrrgh! DAYS, I tell you, it took me DAYS to answer that stuff! And Rabbit just whips it out like nothing, with great answers to boot!

And my DEAR sister Holly, well, you see what she had to say. Not a pat on the back or anything for all the trouble she caused me.

I am SO mistreated.

You're such a good sport, Rabbit, thank you (and I liked the extra at the end). I expected a certain someone to give me grief about you and Cait, but it did say Blogger friends, not that you had to have a blog. So, your Highness, as opposed to Hollyness, don't wimp out!

Anonymous said...

Feh.

Took me about 20 minutes. I was logged in a lot longer than that, as I stopped in the middle to go play with the dogs and cats for awhile, then came back and finished it up. At least I wasn't on call over the weekend.

I don't know why it decided to double-post, though.

Regards,
Rabbit.

HollyB said...

Whiner!
Ok, it took you FORFREAKIN'EVER to do it, but you finally did complet the assignment. If you were the BGiT, you'd have gotten grounded, you do know that, right?
And since of the the 3 things you were doin' was cussin me, why should I say nice things?
I am super envious of the 3 things you can do.
And I still love you, even when you cuss me.

Flo said...

ROF, I had to come back and see what I said I could do. The light fixture was actually pretty easy. So easy that LOVI helped with the first one. Pick out a new fixture and we'll install it next time I'm down.

Holly, did you see what Rabbit can do? Maybe he can take care of OUR tumors!!

HollyB said...

But, but then they couldn't talk to each other. What are you, NUTS? Oh, yeah, that question kinda answers itself, doesn't it, My Lovely MPD Saint Sistah?