Friday, March 30, 2007

It's Gonna Get Ugly

The DTs are going to start soon, I just know it.

I came home the other evening, walked into the office, and there, on the computer, was...not much. It was worse than the dreaded blue screen. It was the greenish black screen, with the old DOS-type writing that simply said, "Disk read error. Press CTRL + ALT + DEL to restart." So I did. Came back to the same screen.

About that time, MFS walks in and said, "I tried that." So I turned the computer off. He said, "I tried that, too." Sure enough, when I turned it back on, same screen. We trying unplugging it. Same screen. It wouldn't even start in Safe mode.

MFS called his computer expert friend, who said it would be best to have someone look at it. But not him, he didn't think he could help with this one.

So I took it in to the shop. The guy made one of those "You Are So Screwed" faces when I told him what the computer was doing. I was supposed to get a call with the diagnosis and estimate yesterday or today, and I haven't heard anything yet.

MFS is letting me use his laptop, but he heads back to college (was home for Spring Break this week) Sunday.

I think I'm going to cry.

And I don't think my drugs are strong enough to handle this.

I'm either going to start talking to myselves, or I'll have to go shopping and spend some money.

Eeny, meeny...

Flo

2 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

Puters...they're obsolete 5 minutes after they're out of the box, and then they hold you hostage with how much you come to rely on 'em...

HollyB said...

Well, that settles that! You're coming to Galveston with me. We'll drown your sorrows in Rum and Mangos! Then you'll come home w/me and write from HERE!
Problem solved.