Monday, August 13, 2007

Home Improvement

Those of you that know KSA also know this is not my problem:

Oh no. Nope, if I see KSA doing that, it’s time to call for AD’s services.

KSA is always working on something. The problem is that his priorities are usually not my priorities. For example, we have to climb up and down a ladder to get from the back porch to the yard because there aren’t any stairs yet. But KSA has been working on the yard, getting things smooth and level so he can seed it.

And I don’t dare let him know how important something is to me or else he’ll put it on the back burner. He’s got so much on that back burner that half of it has either burned to a crisp, is mushy and worthless, or evaporated into thin air.

If I get really irritated, I’ll do it myself. I’ve learned things like how to run telephone lines and install ceiling fixtures. I need to find a project I can muck up just enough that it won’t cause harm, yet will have to be taken care of immediately.

Maybe that’ll teach him not to put things off for so long.

Oh hell, no it won’t. Whom am I kidding?

Flo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Flo, sorry I can't help because my hubby is JUST like yours, being brother's and all. Maybe we should invite that lovely lady in the vedio to hit them so they'll listen to us for a change.
I've had to learn to get by on my own most of the time, unless I pretend to "hurt" myself. Then I MIGHT get his attention.

Yeah, right. Nice thought!

*Sigh*

Kate said...

Ohhhhh do I ever understand what you're going through...

phlegmfatale said...

I think your plan makes a lot of sense. Sounds a lot like the way men have been weaseling out of laundry duty for decades. They do a white load with one red sock or t-shirt, the whole thing goes pink, and then the wife demands they never "help" again. I am convinced that's printed in a manual they secretly pass amongst themselves.