Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Spewing

MFSG came over the other night with her dad, younger sister, and aunt to “watch the meteor shower.” It turned out cloudy, so we missed out on the streaks in the sky.

Getting together with MFSG’s family is always a fun occasion. Actually, it was a little toned down this time, because it usually includes her mom (had to get up early for school the next day), her grandfather (I was crushed, he wasn’t sure if he was included), and her older sister (has a one month old). One time we also had the half-brother and his family.

It sounds like they do a lot together, which I think is just the coolest. They can be a wild bunch, too, so we all get along really well, as you can imagine. We just have a blast.

The other night, MFSG had shown us her fingers that she had burned while playing with fire (and she’s a fireman’s daughter). Later on, she made a comment that she thought she might lose a fingernail because of a blister underneath it, and she wondered if the fingernail would grow back. I said, “no.” She believed it! Then she said she knew someone that had lost a toenail and that it grew back. So I told her she still had a problem, because there was a difference between toenails and fingernails. I really had her going for a while, until she said she knew someone that lost both a toenail and a fingernail and they both grew back. So I was kind of busted.

A little later, we’re sitting around the table, talking about car horns. MFSG said hers used to sound like a duck. “Wauck,” she said. Since they were younger, I’ve teased the kids when they made different sound effects. The horn sound was so funny, so I said, “How did that go?” And she said, “Wauck.” “One more time,” I said. “Wauck!” We were all laughing, so she said, “You wouldn’t think it was funny if got you mad at some stupid driver and you had a horn that sounded like ‘wauck!’” Unfortunately, just as she was getting into that sentence, I was taking a drink of root beer. I literally spewed when she got to the “wauck!”

Just great. That could possibly end up a story for future grandkids. I can see it now: “Go ask grandma to show you her special trick.”

Flo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That story along with taking Grandpa to the store, where he does his jimmy leg walk, should really impress them.

Poor things will grow up walking funny and spewing their drinks. ROFLOL

Kate said...

Okay, this one has me stumped...MFSG? My Favorite *what*?

Flo said...

Kate--My Favorite Son's Girlfriend.

Sorry 'bout that. ;-)

Kate said...

Thanks! :)

BTW, how's the new baby dog? Oprah had a rerun today with the Springer Spaniel who won Best in Show at Westminster. He looks so much like Libby in the face, Robert and I both sat there and bawled. I miss that dog so much.

phlegmfatale said...

You know, I drive a little SUV that I call the baby shoe, and it has a meek little ducky horn, too. I've talked to my dad about installing a great American classic car horn - one that'd make the other driver pee theyself, but I've just never gotten around to it. One of these days.

Sounds like y'all had a grand time. :)