Saturday, May 19, 2007

Did She or Didn't She?

KSA came home early from work the other day. He was going to work on the dump truck and I just looked at him. “There are no children in this house. And you want to go out and work on the truck?”

“Did you have something else in mind?” he asked.

“Now that you mention it,” I said teasingly.

Yes, we went to the new restaurant. And no, I’m still looking for the perfect crème brulee. However, the entrees were excellent. I had lasagna and KSA had fettuccine alfredo. I don’t much care for alfredo sauce in large doses, it’s a little too rich for me, but this was wonderful, very creamy. We both had food left over, which is also unusual. KSA can normally eat his and still finish mine, so these were pretty large portions.

Nice, cozy atmosphere, it was probably converted from an old home, and a fun, friendly waitress. We’ll be back. I want to try the chicken marsala.

Later that night, I totally (and selflessly, I might add) messed up my circadian rhythm by listening to AD’s blog radio “thingie” as Phlegmfalale put it. He’s a natural. And after all these years of knowing her, it occurred to me the other night that Holly has quite the sultry voice.

Hope you all have a nice weekend!

Flo

7 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

Okay, so let me get this straight.

KSA comes home early...

giving you two a day alone together, with no kids around...

and you went out for CREME BRULEE???

*sigh*

He truly is a Knight in Shining Armor.

Thanks for calling in the other night, dear. ;)

HollyB said...

Yeah, I was WAY surprised to hear your voice callin' in!!!
And I'm gonna have to claim KSA as my Brotha of the Heart! Fet Alfredo is MY fav italian dish to have in a restaurant. I love that sauce, could prob eat my weight in it. I even like it better than my chicken spaghetti sauce.
And yeah, I didn't even see the Creme Brulee thing comin' I thought we were gonna get somethin' RACY!

Kate said...

Holly - chicken spaghetti sauce? That sounds really interesting! Is it just spaghetti sauce with chicken instead of hamburger, or is it something completely different?

And, I can understand Creme Brulee for dessert. Maybe Flo had something else in mind for seconds? *winks*

Anonymous said...

You are so spoiled! The least you could have done was treat KSA to a little hanky panky.

Do I need to send more racy panties?

He really is just so sweet and gives you whatever your lil heart desires. Much like his brother.

Aren't we lucky women!?!

HollyB said...

Kate,
I think , somewhere back in my archives I have posted a recipe for my Chicken Spaghetti Sauce. It's also know as the Cardiologist's Nightmare Sauce. It's a white sauce made w/ BUTTER, of course, mayo, sour cream, heavy cream, parmesan, and chicken bouillon. And Flo and KSA LOVE it. So do just about everybody else I've ever served it to. Pop over to my blog for the complete recipe.

Flo said...

All of you--KSA saved dessert for later and he got it, so CHILL and don't feel sorry for him! Sheesh! And thanks--if MFSG reads this, she'll tell MFS and then he'll know his parents do it. Horrors!

Somebody find somebody for AD so KB can have a brother or sister or two and he can find out how expensive it is to eat out with children. Especially a teenage son with hollow legs. And a teenage daughter with champagne taste on her parents beer budget.

And you're welcome, dear. Thanks for the call.

That's racy enough now, Holly and Lainy. And Lainy, keep them panties to yourself!

Oh, Kate, yeah, you gotta go to Holly's archives. She's also got recipes for City Steak and Buffet Potatoes that are wonderful, too. I have to go digging myself, since I lost them on my hard drive. IIRC, there are a couple other recipes, too. Yummy!

phlegmfatale said...

Yeah, AD was great on the radio thingie! Good on him.

And I told HOls the same thing - sexy voice. MEOW!