Thursday, May 10, 2007

My Trip

I drove to Colorado with a friend to visit another friend for a few days and it was great to get away. Hubby is pretty good about letting me out and about whenever I want or can. (He probably enjoys the break, too!)

Caron is one of the gals I have breakfast with most Fridays. She and Nan used to work together, but Nan has been much too busy spending her kids’ inheritance on cruises to come back here to visit us. So we forced ourselves to go see her little corner of the world outside of Denver.

The drive across Kansas was almost coma-inducing. About the only thing that caught my eye was the word “free.” Free wine tasting, free breakfast, free map, free HBO… There was one attraction I would have given almost anything to see, though: The world’s largest prairie dog. 8000 pounds! There was also supposed to be a live five-legged steer and all sorts of other amazing creatures. I begged and pleaded, but Caron refused to stop. I don’t know how she could pass up an opportunity like that. {sigh}

Nan didn’t know I was coming, so it was quite the surprise for her. We stayed up until the wee hours of the morning that first night, drinking a margarita or two and visiting.

Holly and I are saving up for our own getaway, so this trip was supposed to be an inexpensive break from life. And what did we do? We went shopping.

I was really a pretty good girl, for the most part. The majority of what I bought was stuff I would have bought back here because it was all on sale. So that doesn’t count, right?

Every once in a while we’d take a break from shopping and visiting to eat. We hit three wonderful restaurants and brightened the day for our waitresses.

I brought my camera, but the only pictures I took were of Pike’s Peak (I hope), as we were leaving.


Now I’ve survived the trip back across Kansas, and it’s back to the same ol’ same ol’. Whatever that is.

Flo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home and had a good vacation.

Is that all you did was spend money, drink, eat and drive that awful drive across Kansas? Nothing exciting, like male strippers? I was expecting more than that!

Kate said...

Ugh. Driving across Kansas...ugh. (It bears repeating)

I'm glad you had a good time!

HollyB said...

WE're supposed to be "saving"...saving what?