Thursday, May 03, 2007

Sheesh

Don’t write Lainy for a few days and she gets a little irritable. The last message was, “If you’re not gonna email, at least update your blog so I know you’re still alive.”

Fine.

So instead of something thought-provoking or touching or educational or humorous…you’re gonna get to hear what I’ve been doing this week.

Monday through Thursday, I used to take MFD and the neighbor to school in the morning. On the way home, I stopped at Curves for my 30 minute workout. When MFD got her license and started driving herself to school, I’d still go to Curves. There’s a group of us that show up around the same time, and if someone doesn’t make it for a few days, they get a little concerned and call you if you don’t call them. (It’s nice to be loved.)

So that’s what I did Monday morning. Then I came home and got ready for a BeFriender visit with another woman that I’m now working with. After that I had some errands to run, then had to get back home for a delivery that was supposed to be scheduled. They never did show up, so it’s been rescheduled for today.

Sometime after 1500 (you all do military time, don’t you?) I got a call from Corporal So and So with the Highway Patrol. Seems MFD had been caught speeding. Not your everyday, run-of-the-mill, I’mrunninglatesoI’llgojustaTOUCHfaster speeding. Oh no. This was Stomp the Pedal to the Floor and Let’s See How Fast This POS Can Go speeding. The CPL said he made it a point to contact the parents if the ticket he wrote up on a teenager REQUIRED a court appearance. Even I have never gotten a ticket for going so fast that it required a court appearance. (Oh no, I get the tickets for going 4 MPH over the speed limit.)

So, My Favorite But In So Much Trouble Daughter isn’t driving herself to school anymore. And don’t call her cell phone, she doesn’t have that, either. I’ve been taking her to school, and since Hubby was out of town Tuesday and Wednesday, I also picked her up from school. At my convenience, of course.

Somewhere along the way I had an eye appointment. New glasses are required. I’m also trying contacts again. I’d never used them because I thought I’d be too sensitive to have something in my eye. But I gave it a try a couple of years ago. The comfort level was fine, the optics weren’t. If we tried to get them strong enough for reading, my distant vision blurred. If distance was ok, I couldn’t read. We tried monovision, and that about made me puke. So far, I’ve tried a couple of things this time and they’re not working out, but we have another brand ordered. So we’ll see. (Get it? We’ll “see”?)

Yesterday was my youngest sister’s birthday, so she, Mom, and I got together and went to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Oh my. Fresh banana cream cheesecake, with a layer of Bavarian cream. Melt in your mouth good. Their potato soup was pretty tasty, too. Then we went shopping for a bit.

In between all that, I’ve been trying to get the house semi-presentable because my mother-in-law is coming up this weekend.

Whew. I’m worn out from all that work. I better go take a nap.

Flo

4 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

She's alive! ALIVE! ALIIIIIVE!

That's it. Nothin' else to say.

So sue me. ;)

DW said...

I WORRIED!

Take the FD to the junk yard and show her the potential, or to the ER on a full moon night.

Anonymous said...

Feel better, do we?


Sigh.....

HollyB said...

Whoa! You catching my mania? Cause I seem to be missin' some of it. Let me know and send it back, pronto! I need to clean my house.