Monday, May 21, 2007

I'm Dyin' Here

I hate crying. It’s so draining.

Last week I got a letter from Lacey/Ellie, thanking me for taking care of her and finding her parents. It was so sweet. They included a very generous check.

Saturday I got a note from her mom with gift certificates to a couple of restaurants.

KSA thinks it’s all unnecessary, which it is. But I understand they are so happy to have her back alive and well, and there isn’t much else they can do to show their gratitude.

I am so so so so so relieved to know she is loved so much. But, oh my God, I miss that little girl.

I’ve been looking for another Sheltie. No rush, especially not with our trip coming up. I don’t want to adopt one, then have to board it. And it has to be just the right one.

Originally, I started trying to find the breeder Lacey/Ellie came from. During the search, I found out there is a Sheltie Rescue group in our area. Considering that we basically “rescued” Lacey/Ellie, I’m thinking maybe there is another Sheltie that is waiting to be rescued by us, one that will truly be ours. Mine.

But I’ll do some checking around, and I’ll be patient about it.

Flo

10 comments:

Kate said...

Flo - there is, indeed, a Sheltie rescue in your area. Believe me, I was checking them all in a 300 mile radius before I adopted my two.

What a wonderful surprise from Lacey/Ellie's previous owners!

Now I'm gonna be haunting the rescue lists again to see who you might fall in love with.

HollyB said...

Yeah, Rescue is the way to go, you know that in your heart. And your very own Sheltie is waitin' out there , just for YOU.

Flo said...

Kate, here's the link to the local rescue group. I stopped for a little look Saturday. "Tuffy" was very friendly, liked attention, but I thought she was going to be adopted. She was my favorite of the current group.

Kate said...

http://www.wisheltierescue.com/available.html
(look for Bella)

phlegmfatale said...

It's so nice that they did something so thoughtful for you. Yes, take your time-- you'll know when the time is right for you and that certain Sheltie.

Anonymous said...

We lost Max the Lab to lymphoma Monday. All week I've been alternating between staring blankly at the cubicle wall and trolling Petfinder.com.

I did manage to get all my work done,though.

Tomorrow SWMBO and I are going to an 'appointment' at one of the rescue kennels to potentially look at Border collies and/or Siberians, or a blend. Or something.

All the dogs who have had us for the last 15 years have been rescue dogs. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Regards,
Rabbit.

Kate said...

Rabbit - my heart goes out to you on the loss of Max. It's so darned hard to lose them.

Flo said...

Rabbit, I have missed you. I am so sorry about Max and I hope you'll be back to let us know about your search.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kate and FLo. We went out today and looked at Siberians today, after being all hit-and-miss because of the weather. We found an adorable, laid-back solid white Sibby girl with the bluest eyes, about 2 years old. We'll pick her up and bring her home later this week. Her name's Sadie, and her mama was too old to care for her anymore.

Thanks for all.

Regards,
Rabbit.

Flo said...

Congratulations, Rabbit, that's wonderful! Siberians are beautiful, I love their eyes.

Hugs to you and SWMBO. I'm sure Sadie is one very lucky girl. I'm glad you found each other and best wishes to all.