Thursday, May 17, 2007

Royal Decree

Henceforth, let it be known throughout the kingdom that Hubby shall now be referred to as my Knight in Shining Armor. Just cuz…well…hmm. Just cuz I said so. I don’t want to get all mushy or anything, but he is.

Let me tell you how selfless this man is. When I learned about the wonders of crème brulee (fortunately it was the second day in France, so I didn’t miss much), I had to have it every day for lunch AND dinner. KSA ordered it too—then gave it to me. Now that’s love.

For me, crème brulee is better than chocolate. Maybe even better than Grandma’s homemade bread. Oh yeah. So I have been on a quest for the perfect crème brulee. There are a few places around that have it; fortunately they’re close enough that I can get a fix when I need it. But I haven’t found the perfect one yet. In the States, it tends to be more of a pudding consistency than custard. Actually, the flan I’ve had is very close, but it just doesn’t work without the crunchy sugar topping.

Yesterday I found a new restaurant that has it and I’m so excited I just can’t hardly stand it. KSA had to work late yesterday, then delivered a couple loads of dirt, so we couldn’t go. If I get desperate, I could go by myself. I could only have one order (it’s a small town, they don’t know me yet, and I don’t want to give them the wrong impression), but it would be better than nothing.

Ok. Well, now I have to go so I can wipe the drool off my keyboard.

Flo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He really is just so sweet, kinda like his brother.

Small town hell,if you go alone order all you want. :) Order some to go. They won't know you're eating all of it all by yourself. For all they know you're having a party, and you are!

Kate said...

Next time I come to KC can we go to lunch and have bbq and creme brulee?

phlegmfatale said...

flo - well bless you for marrying such a gem! I'm with lainy - go get your fill and hang what anyone thinks. I take a book with me to Luby's all the time and if I'm of a mind to, I get a piece of pie.
Life is sweet!

Oh, I'm so with you on the creme brulee. It's that crunchy crust that just MAKES it, innit?

phlegmfatale said...

Oh, and you were on Ambulance Driver's radio thingie last night! You sound so cute!

Flo said...

Yeah, we lucked out, didn't we, Lainy?

Kate--you're on!

PF--Yep, that was me, and it was so fun to hear you, too!