Saturday, July 21, 2007

That'll Teach Me To Volunteer

It’s been a week now, and I still get twitches when I think about it, but I want to tell you about my pistol of a nephew.

I don’t know what possessed her, but Lovi felt she and the DB were entitled to a weekend without children. Harrumph! Arrangements had previously been made for MFS to spend the nights over there. I don’t know what he was thinking (or maybe I do), but he had messed up and had scheduled appointments until late Friday. Nice mommy and sister that I am, I offered to take Levi overnight and until MFS finished Saturday.

MFS now owes me WAY more than an ER co-pay.

The kid cannot sit still or be quiet. The talking and the questions started as soon as we got in the car to bring him back here. I’m sure he talks in his sleep, but I didn’t want to chance the sound of my breathing waking him up.

He had been up past his usual bedtime when I told him it was time to get ready for bed. He told me that he really didn’t have to go to bed yet. So I told him he had been up an hour and twelve minutes (and 23 seconds, but who was counting?) longer than usual and I thought that was more than generous of me.

His sister hadn’t packed his pajamas, so we dealt with that and sent him off to bed. Then he needed a drink and he was off to bed. Then he had to go to the bathroom and was off to bed. Then, after telling me he didn’t need night lights any more, he couldn’t see to get to the bed; so we discussed that and he went to bed. Then he told me he would leave the light on until he could say hello and goodnight to MFD (who was at a guitar class that evening) and could I turn the light off when I went to bed; and then he went to bed. Then he had to inform me, this wasn’t something he did on purpose, it just happened, that he woke up at 0700. After informing him that was fine, but that if Uncle KSA was still sleeping, he had to be quiet, he went to bed. Forty-eight minutes later, after I told MFD that if Levi got up one more time, she should tell him she was going to get me, I collapsed on my bed.

Peace and quiet until 0650. Lainy was outside, chain smoking. She had gotten up about 0530, and guess who was there waiting for her when she came out of the bathroom?

We ended up having to take Levi to Mass with us. MFS was home when we got back, but he wasn’t quite ready to take Levi home yet. Levi was ready to go into Leech Mode, but I told him he had to leave MFS alone so he could finish up as soon as possible. Then they were finally out of here. Another 5 minutes and I might have taken up smoking again!

I don’t think they can ever come up with a drug strong enough to numb an experience like that, but I did learn some interesting things about Lovi and her family. Bwahahahahahahahaha!

All in all, I have to say it was entertaining, [twitch]

Flo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was chain smoking because as cute as a child he is, he could talk so much my ears hurt. And, all I did was get up to put the coffee on, go potty and change. I open the bedroom door and he was just standing there waiting for me.Scared me! I knew what I was in for at that point. He told me all about his home life. How it would be better if his dad was the man of the house, and much more.

Lovi owes me a 'Rita and you a whole bucket.

And how come you and KSA heard us outside and left me on my own? Think you're funny, huh? Pay backs are a bitch. LOL

He really is a sweet kid, just curious and asks lots of questions.

Anonymous said...

Didn't think to give him any Benadryl, did you now?

I'd have been goving the little angel 'special M&M's' about the timehe came through the door, from the sound of things.

Regards,
Rabbit.

Flo said...

ROFLOL Oh, I did think, believe me, Rabbit. But mom would have heard every detail about those "M&M's" and I'd've had to do some 'splainin'! Nothing gets past that kid!

HollyB said...

Coke, that's the ticket. The Drink you pervs, not the Peruvian Marching Powder. He's lookin' for stimulation, and the caffeine and sugar in the Coke will give it to him.
And a Book, not a kiddie book either. Start him on the Harry Potters. But make those the Auntie Flo books. He can only read those when he's at YOUR house.

phlegmfatale said...

That little chap makes me tired just reading about him!