Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Name for the Day Is:

Allie. [sigh] It’s halfway between Ellie and Addie, so whatever I call her, I’m not too far off.

We’ve considered Gypsy and Bella and Sophie and Arial and Brandy and I don’t remember what else. None of them really seem to fit. Maybe if she hadn’t come with a name, or we didn’t know what it was. Before she got here, KSA had suggested calling her Ellie 2, but she’s just not an Ellie.

I was about rolling, though, when I read DW’s suggestion of AD! And JPG, what if we lengthened the abbreviated version of Damsel to Dam-Dam? Do you think that would work? ;-)

I understand better the issue with her potty habits (although I don’t think it’s an excuse to return her). She seems to prefer concrete or gravel instead of grass. And it’s not really an issue of sniffing around and finding the right spot—if she needs to go, she just squats, wherever she is.

It’s going to take some time and patience, but she’ll learn about the good life of a pet. In the meantime, she’s an awfully sweet little girl and we all love having her around.

Flo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this a for sure name? Poor thing really needs one fast.

Kate said...

Going on the concrete? Sure sign that she lived in a kennel in a former lifetime. *sigh* Poor thing probably doesn't even know that she should go potty anyplace else!

I'm still fond of AD's suggestion you go for something musical; what about calling her "Carnagie" and then having a 'call name' of "Holly"?

Anonymous said...

Kate, I think you're on to something there, by golly.

HollyB said...

Why "Holly"? Are you insinuatin' somethin'? And when the dog and I are in the same romm, how will we know to whom she is issuing a command? "Holly, sit!" "Holly, Come"; "Holly, STOP THAT"
Since I have a grand named "Allie", I'm a bit ambivalent about THAT name, but I see the reasoning behind it.
"Dam-Dam" is kinbda cute, or Lettie, as in short for the diminutive for Colonel-ette.
OR, and I KNOW you won't do this, but BB for Black Bitch, since she has so much black in her coat.
Just my thoughts early in the morning.

Kate said...

Now waitaminute! I'm insinuating nuthin'! LOL!

Leave it to you to think about it from that view point! *laughs and shakes head*