Sunday, July 08, 2007

Wild Women

Heaven help me if Holly, Kate, Lainy, and Phlegm are ever all with me at the same time. I’m not sure my cheeks could stand that much exercise. It’s been about all I can handle with only two of them. And I think I know way more about them than I really need to. We’ll just say that their husbands are fortunate and leave it at that. Thank goodness for the bottomless margarita bucket!

Truly, it has been so much fun. I’ve missed both of them and don’t get to see them near often enough. Holly and Lainy hit it right off, which makes it pretty convenient, and I’m sure adding Kate and Phlegm to the mix could only quadruple the fun and antics.

MFD had a friend over the other day and for some reason, we had to share bra designs and colors. I’m not sure how many margaritas we had had at that point. Couldn’t have been too many, because we left shortly after that.

There we are, cruising topless down the highway. Suddenly, in the rearview mirror, Holly sees Lainy flashing someone in the car next to us, and waving and yelling “I love you.” Poor Holly thought Lainy had lost it, until I told her it was MFD and her friend.

KSA and Holly’s Dearly Beloved have been getting along marvelously. I think they’ve been very glad to have each other to go off and do manly things [I had to put my foot down and tell my Dearly Beloved he could NOT have a Tractor like KSA. Our yard is not big enough to warrant the use of a tractor for mowing. He was mighty disappointed.] instead of following in our wake and watching us spread sunshine wherever we go.

When we went to visit them over New Year’s, Holly promised to show KSA how to make her famous chicken spaghetti, and she did. She supervised, and from listening to some of his questions, she was ever so patient. But it not only turned out edible, it was pretty darn good. He’s so proud of himself. He’s ready to do it again. This afternoon, he learned how to make Reese's Cup cookies and Calzones. He is now a Master Chef.

GUESS WHAT?!?! One of the things Holly is giving me for my birthday is a cook book—for CRÈME BRULEE!!!!!! I am SO excited, I can hardly wait for her to get back home and send it to me. Because of course I had a brain fart and left it at home instead of packing it!

Oh goodness, what else have we been doing? I can’t think of much else right now, other than having a blast just visiting. I’m sure I’ll come up with more when I finish crying after they leave tomorrow. In the meantime, there are still margaritas in the freezer—and we CAN’T have that, so excuse me for now.

Flo and Holly

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drink a 'Rita for me girls. I miss you both so much!

Holly and hubby have a safe trip home. Love you both.

My son's put a leash on me and refuse to let me have any fun. They know how mom can get, so I'm TRYING to be good until I get back to FLO's. Save some 'Rita for me.

phlegmfatale said...

Ah, bless your little hearts. I'm having good-time-envy. Glad you had some time to relax and laugh.

Anonymous said...

Can we PLEASE have a new blog? Please, please, please! You did pull your head out of the 'Rita bucket, didn't you???

*Giggles*

phlegmfatale said...

Hols - I think DB COULD use a little tractor. Maybe a Bobcat? Your yard is pretty big, and you'll need it if you ever get a place in the country...