Thursday, January 18, 2007

Identity Theft

I received this through an e-mail the other day. Although the focus is on identity theft, the safety precautions recommended will help prevent other kinds of grief that could head your way.



I never leave my purse or keys in the car if I have to run inside, even for just a moment. I don't know why it never occurred to me that someone in a car could drive by and make a grab for something from the passenger side while I'm standing right there filling up.

Good to pass along, especially if you know young drivers that can get conditioned to this thinking early on. I talked to MFD and the neighbor we take to school about it, and hope I remember to reinforce it, since they'll both be getting a license in a few months.

Flo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make sure I hold onto my purse and lock my doors. My dad taught me that. Nice reminder, though.

What I want to know is.... are hubby and daughter considered important, cause there's time's I'd like to lose them. :)

Flo said...

Bad Lainy, bad, BAD!!!

Of COURSE you can't lose hubby and daughter--unless I lose mine, too!

Anonymous said...

What are we waiting for?
Just kidding! I know, we love them tooooooooooooo much.

I miss them and haven't left yet!

HollyB said...

That's why I always keep my passenger door locked. But just in case I try to keep my backup theft deterrent in the car, too.
56 pounds of snarling Boo girl! Yeah, right!