Sunday, January 28, 2007

Running Water!

Oh my, I don’t know if my heart can take it. I better go check my BP…..Yep, it’s in a decent range. I think the little orange pill I’ve been taking with the BP med is really the answer.

So, remember when I wrote that we had light fixtures in the house that actually turned on and off? Well, now I have sink faucets. And, when you turn them on, WATER comes out of them! Not only that, but I have flushing toilets! Dishwasher is installed, along with the garbage disposal, all the sink faucets, and bath/shower hardware. No hot water yet, but it shouldn’t take long for them to get everything finished up.

I am really pleased with everyone that’s been working on the house. The plumbers (except their supervisor), painters, electricians, framers. A lot of them have come in for the layout and general plans, and I usually tell them they’re the expert and ask what they suggest. I couldn’t be more pleased. Some of these guys are true artists. Some of the stuff our trim/finish carpenter has done is truly awesome. The kitchen cabinets are showpieces.

It’s really nice to see the final stages coming together. Hubby is working on grouting the tile this weekend, then that will be done. Carpet is supposed to be put down Monday—or Tuesday or Wednesday. Then trim carpentry, paint touch up, mirrors and shower doors, then it’s almost WA-LA time. One final appliance is due Thursday, and the fridge still has to be hooked up. But it is all so exciting!

If any of you ever consider building or having a house built, I have some really important advice and suggestions. But it will have to wait for another time. All this excitement is too much for me!

Flo

2 comments:

HollyB said...

So no more goin to the "privy house'? Whoa, Girl, you are movin' up town! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the stress of building this house is almost over. Running water is a BIG thing. I'm so happy for you and can't wait to do the inspection for myself tomorrow.