Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Bail?

I arrived home this afternoon to what seemed like 50 gazillion phone messages. Most were questions about the house—Hubby is out of town today, which is the only time the builder calls to talk to me. (I cannot imagine why!) One was from Curves, calling to check up on me since I hadn’t been in to workout the last two days—we have a little group of regulars, especially for the power workouts, and some of them have been plagued by injuries or illness, so we get a little concerned if someone doesn’t show up.

One other call was from Holly, wanting to know if it was necessary for her to post bail. Bail??? I cannot understand why she would think I would need bail! I’m a saint, remember?

You see, my SiL, Lainy, flew into town yesterday. Her oldest son has been extremely ill the last several weeks, in and out of the hospital, including stays in the ICU. I have never heard of anyone as ill as he is with mononucleosis, which is what they finally diagnosed. It doesn’t sound like there’s an organ in his body that hasn’t been affected.

Anyway, Lainy had flown up to be with him when he was critical the first few days. She went back home when he was released from the hospital. He hadn’t been released long when he turned right back around and had to be admitted again. So when he was released that time, she was there to take care of him for a week or so.

It’s been so traumatic and stressful for her, that she knew needed Flo’s calm, soothing presence before she headed back home. So see? I don’t know WHY Holly would think we’d land in jail.

I COOKED FOR HER!! We talked, I listened to some horror stories—believe me, I’ll have nightmares about Chihuahuas named Pebbles, BamBam, and Asia for months! I gave her a shoulder to cry on. Ok, no I didn’t, we laughed our @sses off. We each only had one margarita. Of course, if you’d tasted them, you’d know why I slept so well last night!

Then again, maybe it was some kind of ESP thing or some such that made Holly check up on us. Deep down in that gray matter, she probably knows she and Lainy have quite a bit in common.

After all the time I’ve know both of them, I just found out last night that, although not the same year, they share birthdays!

Flo

4 comments:

HollyB said...

A Birthday Twin! How Kewl is that!?!?! She has GOT to come with you next time you come visit! Or be there when I come see you! It's fated in the Stars.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes that would be fun, Holly. One question, though? Who would bail the 3 of us out?

I'm indebited to my Sissy Flo for all the laughs. She was the perfect host and she sure is loved A LOT!

The house is beatiful. I'm drooling just thinking about all the fun we'll have there and can't wait.

OK, a shocker everyone.... I found out that I ran through the airport in Columbus, oh. and flew to Chicago with my britches unzipped. I knew someone was going to try to get nakked, but never thought it would be ME!

HollyB said...

L- I'm sure it was just to make it easier to slide thru the security screening. Ya' know, they could see you weren't carrying any concealed weapons. That's your story and you better stick to it. ALWAYS come to me 1st for a good rationalization, Twin, I got one for every situation.

Anonymous said...

Holly,I KNEW you would understand.
Many thanks, I'm sure I'll need it!