Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What the Heck Does Meme Mean?

That’s what Ambulance Driver asked when he was tortured into doing this (and then had the audacity to tag ME): "share five off the wall, strange, unusual or just little-known facts about yourself. Then you "tag" five other bloggers who are supposed to do the same thing."

A while back, there was a “Three things MeMe” thing going around that a lot of bloggers were tagged with. So maybe it just got shortened to “meme.” Except I never did figure out why it was three things MeMe instead of MeMeMe.

Personally, I think these things are viruses, and if we don’t come up with a cure or vaccine pretty soon, the whole blogger community will become infected and morph into MySpacers.

In the meantime, I guess the only way to get rid of it for now is to treat the symptoms by doing what is asked.

1. I was a wife, mother, ER nurse, maintenance officer, dining facility (read: mess hall) officer and CH-47 pilot. All at the same time. I’ve also been a candy striper, lifeguard, waitress, nursing assistant, flight medic, battalion assistant S-3, substitute teacher, and cattle farmer.

2. I was a school board member in the small town we used to live in. I wasn’t well liked by the other members because I was an uppity city girl that expected too much. Like for education to be the top priority, kids to behave in class, teachers to be given the supplies they needed and to be paid (heaven forbid!) what they were worth.

3. I am acrophobic. I know, I can’t figure it out, either. I love to fly, loved being a pilot. Back when I was a flight medic, I’d sit in the hell hole of a Huey on a nice day with the doors wide open and was as happy as a dog riding in the car with his head sticking out of the window. But put me on top of that Huey during a preflight to check the Jesus nut, and I’m hanging on for dear life.

4. I was in the Mrs. Texas pageant—a LONG time ago. A friend talked me into it. You could definitely tell who the experienced contestants were. For those of us that weren’t really contenders, it was just something different to do and we had a pretty good time. And I learned how to stand like a model.

5. I have created life. No, not human life, bovine. When we had cattle, we used artificial insemination for a while. I went through training, then AI’d some of our cows/heifers. And a few of them actually took!

As for the second part, let’s see………..I haven’t been to their blogs yet, so even though they may have already been tagged, I don’t know that, so I choose Holly, Lovi, and Mair. Sorry, those are the only ones I know that haven’t been tagged before I was. And it specifies “bloggers” this time, so I can’t pick on my other loyal fans. Otherwise, Gbro, Lainy, and Rabbit would be on the list. Darn, cuz Rabbit was such a good sport about it last time. I really would be interested in what the three of you come up with, so feel free to comment anyway if you’d like. (Lainy is actually out of town caring for a very ill son, so I’ll excuse her this time.)

That’s all, folks!

Flo

9 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

Heh heh heh...I was a beauty pageant contestant once myself.

I smell a new blog subject coming on!

Flo said...

Oh lovely (get it?), we'll all be anxiously awaiting THAT one!

HollyB said...

I had already been tagged, sorry. And I tagged Lovi and Mair.
RuhRoh,Fro.

Anonymous said...

I had to re-read that a few times. I thought you said candy stripPer.

Oh, btw, I clicked through your ads again. I could have sent ruppees to my unknown friends and family in Andhra, India or applied for a fabulous civil service job. I wanted to thank you for those opportunities.

Regards,
Rabbit.

Flo said...

Rabbit, I'm shocked! I'm not that kind of girl, although I may dance on a table or two. If I've had enough to drink!

And anything I can do to make your visit more pleasurable. Just name something you'd be interested in checking out and I'll do my best to blog about it. I have to keep my readers happy!

Anonymous said...

Now Flo, don't mislead your readers.
Remember last summer at the farm when you ran around outside showing off your bra. And you weren't even drinking at all! Nevermind that it was a sports bra, you still whipped 'em out.

HollyB said...

She ran around OUTSIDE in her SPORTS BRA? Where was I? Why does she never do this around ME?
Thank you for sharing Lainy! I hope you sickly young 'un is all better.
Well, I think Ms. Flo and I are gonna go Wild on our Galveston trip this Spring. Now that I know she will do Wild and Crazy things like that!

Anonymous said...

I'll give Ms. Flo a little slack since we were sweating our brains out and not thinking clearly. It was one of the hottest day's Mo. saw last summer and no A.C.
My suggestion to you, Holly, is make her visit during a hot Texas summer and withhold A.C. She seems to have many fascinating personalities when the heat is on. ROFLMBO
My son is getting better, slowly.

Flo said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Don't you two go around spreading untrue rumors about me! I did NOT run around in my bra,and even if it was a sports bra, it was covered by a t-shirt. And it's not like there was anything to see, anyway, but there were other men and male teenagers around that I would have had a LITTLE decency. AND, we're talking about our mother-in-law's house!

I do NOT need any help raising my BP! It was 165/107 a little bit ago, so be nice cuz you never know which one of us is going to blow!