Thursday, January 25, 2007

State of the Union

Did the President actually say anything the other night? I couldn’t tell because I couldn’t take my eyes off the squirming hag that was sitting behind him. She was utterly distracting. I thought about getting my wristwatch so I could time the blinks of her eyes, but I didn’t think she was worth the effort. But I’m thinking it was faster than one blink per second.

Why could she not blink her eyes like a normal person? Does she have some kind of eye affliction? Perhaps it was some kind of code. Or maybe she was trying to bat her eyelashes at some cute intern in the audience.

And that mouth! Goodness, someone needs to tell her it takes much fewer muscles to smile than to frown. Of course, that was when it wasn’t moving. She was constantly biting her lip, licking her lips, and generally looking unattractive.

It was so disgusting, I couldn’t help but watch for a few minutes. And that was long enough to notice she’s a disrespectful witch. She’s made no secret of the fact that she is going to fight Bush every step of the way. But if you’re on national/international TV, sitting directly behind the President, have some common courtesy. At one point, most in the audience, and the vice-president, were standing and applauding. That woman just sat there. How impolite and petty.

If, for some Godforsaken reason, I was ever given the opportunity to meet Clinton, I would have politely declined. Lying scumbag. Privately, I would have spit on his hand. Publicly, I would have been tactful, shaking his hand if necessary. Then I would have swooned, been loaded into an ambulance, and insisted on being sent to the nearest decontamination station.

However, I think a woman in Pelosi’s position should have faked it. (I’m sure you all knew that’s whom I’ve been talking about.) A politician should have no problem being cordial even to their enemies, but she didn’t even make an effort. As the Goddess would say: Pull up your big girl panties and deal with it!

Another vital detail I learned about the President’s address was the fact that he was applauded 54 times. According to my source, it was 76 times in 2002 and 77 in 2003, but those speeches were also longer. Evidently there wasn’t any applause in 2004-2006.

There you have it, folks—the pertinent details. Did I miss anything else?

Flo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe you covered everything. No, you didn't miss a thing. What has he had to say lately that was interesting? Nothing! Same old story.
Maybe blinkie didn't have any big girl panties on to pull up. Or they were in a wad.

HollyB said...

You GO Girl! Ms. Pelosi was so rude and obnoxious I used the "C" word. Here at home. The dearly Beloved gasped and said, "Oh My! I didn't know you disliked her THAT much." Well, I've made no secret of the fact that I don't much care for Bush, especially in the areas of his immigration and education policies...but he is FINALLY headed in the right direction on Iraq. And he is the PRESIDENT. That woman should at least show respect for the office and the effort he is making to meet the Dems 1/2 way.
ARGGGHHH! The only people of our gender who have earned the "C" word more than NancyP are NancyR and Hellary. Oh and BarbaraB and BarbraS, and what's her name, the Sen from SanFrancisco, used to be the Mayor...why can't I think of her name...I blame the drugs.
And Lainey...her Vickies were twisted, that's why she couldn't pull them up any higher.