Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A Conversation With Mary


Lovi sent this to me in an e-mail. Someone had written: “Wouldn’t you love to know what her conversation is about?” I wrote Lovi back and told her she’s saying: “Parents—can’t live with ‘em, can’t live without ‘em……what’s a kid to do?”

I suppose she could have been saying: “Did you see what that brat across the street did? I told him he would be in big trouble. Boys just never listen!”

How about: “Can we talk about my bedtime? If I clean my plate, can I stay up an extra hour and watch ‘Desperate Housewives’?”

“I think it’s time for a baby brother. Talk to the folks, would you?”

“I need to have a word with you about my allowance.”

“If I can’t have a brother, how about a puppy for Christmas?”

“While we’re on the subject, will it be a white Christmas?”

“A cat?”

“What do you think about this election crap?”

“C’mon, a hamster? Please?”

“Helloooooooo, anybody in there?”

My teenage age daughter was literally lying on the floor laughing when I came up with some of these. What do you think little Anna is saying?

Flo

3 comments:

HollyB said...

"What do YOU think about that Evangelical Gay Crank Snorting preacher in Colorado?"

"Could you give us some help with gettin' rid of Nagin, PUHLEEZE?" she is in N'orlens, right?

Or maybe, "Thanks for holding off on the hurricanes this year, but puhleeze get rid of Nagin, would you?"

HollyB said...

"So, should I join the Carmelites, or a different order?"

"What did YOU think about 'The DaVinci Code'?"

Anonymous said...

What ARE those funny noises coming from Mommy and Daddy's room at night after they tuck me in?

I thought I asked for a puppy and NOT a little brother?!?!?

When my Auntie Cait wins the Lottery/Publisher's Clearing House does she HAVE TO SHARE with her Quads? And, if so, what percentage?

Why does my bubble gum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?