Saturday, November 11, 2006

Thank You, Veterans

I received an e-mail with the picture and short story about the Air Force sergeant that comforted a small Iraqi girl whose family members had been executed. This is one of the things of which our soldiers are proud, what makes leaving family and friends behind a little more bearable.

Like so many of you, I have family and friends that have served, are serving, and will serve overseas. I am so proud of them.

The last few years, my focus has been that of a family member with a deployed soldier. But I am also a veteran, and very proud of those that have come before and after me. It is an honor to have served with many of them.

God Bless America and God bless our vets. Amen.

Flo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, Floozie - thank you for the Vet's Day blog. You and I have been down the same road having been spouses of deployed Soldiers. You, along with our other two Quads, held me close while DBeloved was off doing his Soldier thing. Then, when it was your Warrior's turn, we held you close, too..cuz that's just what families - and friends - of Soldiers do.

Aside from all the internal "politic-ing" and unfairness that sometimes occurs I'm proud to bursting, and grateful, to be a part of the military community. We're a special breed. I've been blessed to meet and know some of "America's Finest". Some of the deepest and most abiding friendships I have have come through being a member of the Military Family. That means you, Toots.

With love and thanks to you and your Warrior...
Cait