Thursday, November 16, 2006

Lovi's Log

Good grief!! No sooner do I get off the phone from Lovi chewing me out, than Holly calls. At least she started off with something nice: “They’ve finally got new ads.” But they’re both on my case because I haven’t put up a new post in over two days. Shame on me! Lovi said it’s bad enough if I don’t have a new one every day, it’s even worse if Holly doesn’t have a new one, either (and I won’t even mention the SNSS, who, again, hasn’t posted in ages). I told Lovi that Holly had TWO new blogs today, so I should be off the hook. Oh no, not good enough.

{sigh}

You’d think I did this for a living. It’s a good thing I get paid to put up with this harassment.

Speaking of getting paid. Hubby and I were on our way home from dinner to celebrate our 20th anniversary when I mentioned to him I was getting a check from the ads on my blog. “What, three cents?” he said. “Actually,” I said, “I’ve made at least $50.” “No way,” he said. “Yuh huh,” I said. “You get paid to write a blog?” “Yep.” So he shakes his head and rolls his eyes, like “what’s the world coming to?”

I was telling Lovi about that conversation and she said “$50???” “Yep,” I said, “at this rate, I’ll have most of my plane ticket to New York paid for in a couple of years.”

I think I heard her falling out of her chair. She was still back on the $50. “You have got to be kidding me,” she said. “No.” “Fifty bucks?” “Yep.” “I can’t believe it. Where do I sign up?”

Greedy Monster.

Flo

4 comments:

HollyB said...

So what's so great about BetaBlogger and how hard is it to get a Google account? Do you have to make changes to the site meter?

Oh am I supposed to make comments about the BLOG? Would you like some cheese to go with that monumental WHINE, Madame?

Lovi, was she such a Whiny baby when she was a kid, or were you too young to notice, you bein' the YOUNGER sis and all?

If she wasn't so good at doin' this blog thing, we wouldn't want one every day. Serves her right for spoilin'us!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 20th! We just "celebrated" our 25th on Nov. 7th. I say "celebrated" cuz our anniversary dinner came from Taco Bell LOL! Such is life...my how fun flies when you're doing time....

Happy Anniversary - and many more.

Lovi said...

Flo whiny?!? OF COURSE she's whiny!!!???!?!
Being the MUCH OLDER sister while I was comin' into my time, she was used to getting her way. Downfalls throw her off and whining is her release. Poor baby....sniffle...I feel bad for her....all this pressure and all....

HollyB said...

You KNOW I love you more than a Reece's Big Cup w/nuts or I'd be callin' your lazy, son lovin' A$$ and Bi+cin' about you not havin' written a blog since Thursday!!!

BUT, I know MATTY's home from gettin all smart at school, and you're busy tryin to keep everybody around you SANE, tough job, but somebody's got to do it, right?

Now, if we could just get rid of Puke ads and Cow Ring tones. How about a Ring tone of Cows Puking, Now, That I might actually consider buying, but then we all know I'm a bit twisted.
I really liked the ad about getting paid to blog!